Kathy A. Torline-Nordstrom
ERA Herman Group Real Estate
Serving Colorado Springs
There are advantages to buying a home in the winter
1. Less competition …. There is less competition from other buyers. Many buyers don’t want to brave the cold and icy roads by driving the neighborhoods and looking for properties during this time of the year. This can translate into lower prices and better deals.
2. Prices decline …. Prices are typically less this time of the year, proven by the statistics from PPAR and from Realtor.com.
3. More time from your Realtor….. Your real estate agent isn’t as busy this time of the year, you may get more of their time and expertise.
4. Not as many properties are receiving multiple offers …. During the summer season of 2012, many houses in Colorado Springs that were priced correctly had multiple offer on them, which translated into higher prices for the seller. All great news for sellers, not such great news for buyers. There is an emotional trigger than happens in multiple offers, and buyers can sometime offer more for the house than they had originally planned on.
5. Ugly Ducklings….. Some houses that are still on the market in December and January may have been on the market for a long time. This could be for a variety of reason, including that the home has been priced incorrectly. Or it could just be that the property doesn’t show well, it’s an ugly duckling. Maybe it’s too crowded with personal belongings, maybe the interior paint color is horrible, maybe the lighting is bad, or maybe the home is dirty. All of these are easy things to fix once you own the property, and if you can look through these items, you may be able to get an ever better deal.
- 9 reasons to use a buyer’s agent to help you find a house
- 6 things to add to your budget when buying a house
- 10 questions to ask the Neighbors
- How accurate are real estate listings on the Internet?
If you enjoyed reading this article, why not Subscribe to be notified of the next one?
To find out more information about buying a home or an investment property in Colorado Springs area, call ….
Kathy (719-287-1049) [email protected]