Kathy A. Torline-Nordstrom
ERA Herman Group Real Estate
Serving Colorado Springs
- Can they prove who they say they are? Do they have a picture I.D. you can make a copy of?
- Do they have enough income? How much income do you want vs. the rent?
- Do they have job stability? How long have they worked at their current position? Can you verify their employment? Can you verify their source of income?
- How is their credit? What is the minimum credit score you require? Does their credit report show that they typically pay on time?
- Can they provide references from previous landlords? Have they ever been evicted? Do they pay on time? Did they leave the property in good shape? (When I call to check with their previous landlord, I also check public records to make sure the person I’m calling actually owns the property.)
- Do they have a criminal background? What is your policy about renting to tenants with a criminal background? Will you rent to people who have been convicted felons?
Comprehensive tenant screening results in a happy landlord
- 9 reasons to use a buyer’s agent to help you find a house
- 6 things to add to your budget when buying a house
- 10 questions to ask the Neighbors
- It’s taking longer